For Teachers & Students
Consider the Joggins Fossil Cliffs for your next field trip.
Discover the “Coal Age” ecosystem and rare fossils of plants and animals preserved where they lived 300 million years ago.
- Explore interpretive displays in the Joggins Fossil Centre before heading out to the beach and cliffs with your interpreter.
- We offer guided tours of the property, workshops and other educational programs.
The Centre also provides a range of amenities including a café, gift shop, toilets, meeting rooms, free parking for buses and first aid services.
We offer pre- and post-visit information related to the property’s protective designation, the geology, ecology and paleontology of the property, and safety considerations.
Booking your field trip
Complete a Group Booking Form (as noted below) and forward it via email or fax to (902) 251-2502. Once the form is received, you will be contacted to confirm your booking and discuss details.
A few notes:
1. Our beach experiences are subject to the tides
2. If you require catering for lunch or snacks, we would be happy to assist
3. Longer experiences or customized activities can be arranged
4. Beach experiences run regardless of weather so they will not be cancelled in the event of rain. Should severe weather be a factor, bookings may need to be rescheduled at the descretion of the Joggins Fossil Institute staff
5. To check tide times prior to completing the form, you can do so here
6. Our school booking schedule fills quickly do book early!
Any questions about the form or booking your school field trip, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (902) 251-2727 ext. 225.