For Teachers & Students
Consider the Joggins Fossil Cliffs for your next field trip.
Discover the “Coal Age” ecosystem and rare fossils of plants and animals preserved where they lived 300 million years ago.
- Explore interpretive displays in the Joggins Fossil Centre before heading out to the beach and cliffs with your interpreter.
- We offer guided tours of the property, workshops and other educational programs.
The Centre also provides a range of amenities including a café, gift shop, toilets, meeting rooms, free parking for buses and first aid services.
We offer pre- and post-visit information related to the property’s protective designation, the geology, ecology and paleontology of the property, and safety considerations.
Booking your field trip
A few notes:
1. Our beach tours are subject to the tides
2. If you require catering for lunch or snacks we would be happy to assist
3. Longer tours (subject to tides) or customized activities can be arranged
4. Beach tours run regardless of weather so tours will not be canceled in the event of rain. Should severe weather be a factor, tours may need to be rescheduled at the descretion of the Joggins Fossil Institute
5. To check tide times prior to completing the form you can do so here
6. Our school booking schedule fills quickly do book early!
Any questions about the form or booking your school field trip feel free to contact Stephanie Viera, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (902) 251-2727 ext. 225.