The Joggins Fossil Institute (JFI) celebrates the Joggins Fossils Cliffs’ 10-year anniversary as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
In 2018, the Joggins Fossil Cliffs celebrates 10 years as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The JFI is pleased to mark this special anniversary with a number of events throughout the year and, in particular, on Saturday, July 7, 2018, with a fossil festival.
Schedule for the Joggins Fossil Festival
All events, unless noted, take place at the Joggins Fossil Centre.
Saturday, July 7th, 2018
- Opening remarks — Dr. John Calder, Department of Natural Resources, Province of Nova Scotia
- Blessing of the Cliffs — Emile Gautreau and Louise Goodwin
10 am to 4 pm
- Local vendors sell their wares;
- Historical and genealogical societies on hand at information booths
- Tables of fossil displays from provincial collections;
- Storytelling, games, and face painting for the children;
- Elizabeth Copeland, 2018 ArtScape Artist-in-Residence
10:30 am and 1:30 pm
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes Collection Tours — Dr. Melissa Grey, Curator of Science, Joggins Fossil Institute
- Space is limited so register early at email@example.com
- There is a $10/person charge — pay when you arrive at the Centre.
- Public anniversary reception at Joggins Fossil Centre — Everyone welcome