The Joggins Fossil Institute embraces a working environment that recognizes individual integrity, commitment, reliability, initiative and co-operation. The JFI values teamwork in achievement of its Mandate and will strive for excellence in its endeavours. In furtherance of creating such an environment, employees and volunteers (including board members) will:
- Treat each other with respect, tact, and courtesy both at the site and when representing the site
- Use their skills and experiences for the benefit of the JFI
- Keep confidential JFI information, which involves a matter of trust
- Respect and protect JFI property and facilities, including records and refrain from using them in a manner or for a purpose that may be contrary to the JFI interests.
In addition to these behaviours expected of all employees and volunteers, managers will have additional responsibilities that are implicit in the organizational authority vested in them. Managers will adhere to work environment principles set out for employees and volunteers and in addition:
- Use their knowledge, experience, abilities, and expertise to the best advantage of the JFI in fulfilling its Mission and achieving its objectives
- Strive to unite management, employees, and volunteers in a sense of shared purpose
- Respect and foster the professionalism of employees and volunteers
- Acknowledge achievements and provide guidance and encouragement in a productive work environment
- Exercise reasonable and non-discriminatory human resources practices
- Ensure that all applicable policies are communicated effectively, and adhered to in daily operations
- Ensure that the JFI employees and volunteers grow and develop professionally in a manner consistent with the values and work environment principles
- Use resources effectively and make decisions that are financially and ethically responsible in furtherance of the JFI mission and objectives
- Strive to produce and foster the production of outstanding and innovative programs, which exceed visitor expectations.