September 22, 2018, 8:30 am to 5 pm
Purpose: to highlight recent and current research conducted at Joggins and work relevant to the site and the Pennsylvanian in general.
- Joggins Symposium Program and Abstracts (2 MB PDF)
- Abstract submission dates: August 1–31, 2018
- Registration dates: August 1 – September 14, 2018 — please register before September 4th to ensure your t-shirt size preference
- Abstract submission instructions (180 KB .pdf) — please note that our model for talks will be based on the Pecha Kucha style wherein presentations will be 5–7 minutes long, allowing for plenty of time for discussion during formal and informal intervals during the symposium.
- Registration form (100 KB .docx)
Fee: $40 for professionals; $25 for students. Includes abstract volume, coffee/tea and snack, lunch, and Joggins swag!
General schedule (subject to minor changes and more details to come!):
- 8:30–9:30 am: registration and coffee icebreaker
- 9:30–noon: talks and discussions
- Noon–1:30 pm: lunch and posters
- 1:30–3 pm: talks and discussion
- 3–5 pm: Joggins section field trip led by all participants!
- After: there will be a light meal, refreshments and mingling at the Joggins Fossil Centre post field trip from 5–6 pm
For more informationPlease contact Melissa Grey, Curator of Palaeontology: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Accommodations: need to stay the night? There is a bed-and-breakfast in Joggins — the Crab Apple Inn — and many hotels and B&Bs in Amherst (N.S.) and Sackville (N.B.).