Discover the hidden cliffs by kayak
The Joggins Fossil Institute and NovaShores Sea Kayaking Adventures have joined forces to offer a unique Bay of Fundy experience for our visitors. A sea kayak tour of the UNESCO World Heritage cliffs in Joggins, Nova Scotia, followed by a delicious meal of local specialties and a private tour of the Joggins Gallery with Joggins Fossil Institute’s Curator and head of research.
You will tour cliffs that are inaccessible on foot, even at low tide. Ride the strongest tides in the world towards your destination on the rising tide and back again as the tide ebbs. Seasoned interpreters from the Joggins Fossil Institute will accompany you to recount the fascinating tale of earth’s evolution written in the 300 million-year-old cliffs.
Connect with the energy of 160 billion gallons of seawater flowing into the Bay of Fundy. Enjoy an unspoiled view of sheer cliffs interspersed by sheltered beaches along the way. Listen to the sounds of nature that will surround you. Enjoy the ebb tide that will help whisk you back to scenic Lower Cove, where you will exit the beach. Return to the Joggins Fossil Centre for a meal of local specialties and a private tour of the gallery with Joggins Fossil Institute’s Curator and head researcher, Dr. Melissa Grey, Ph.D.
- Sea kayaking at a world-class destination: 1½-hour guided sea kayak tour on the Bay of Fundy — famous for the world’s biggest tides — along cliffs recognized by the UNESCO World Heritage designation as being of outstanding universal value.
- Private tour of the gallery with the Curator: ½-hour private tour of our gallery of world-famous fossils with the Curator of Paleontology for the Joggins Fossil Institute.
- Chef-inspired, locally-sourced gourmet meal: local ingredients served in an area with a commanding view onto the Bay of Fundy, accompanied by local craft fruit juices.
- Seasoned interpreters, expert guides, and a master chef: the Joggins Fossil Institute interpreters, NovaShores’ expert guides and a master chef will combine their talents to offer you an unforgettable experience.
- A location of outstanding universal value: the Joggins Fossil Cliffs have received the UNESCO World Heritage designation because they are the best record of the Carboniferous age in the world.
- Fully supported experience: All kayaking gear is of high quality and mostly made in Canada. We solely use double kayaks for safety reasons and provide neoprene booties and paddle jackets for your comfort.
- Monday, July 15, 2019, at 10:30 am
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at 2:30 pm
How to book your spot on this unforgettable tour
- Visit the NovaShores booking website.
- Navigate their calendar to either July 15 or August 20, 2019. We are listed as the Joggins Hidden Cliffs Experience.