The Joggins Fossil Centre
- November 1, 2012–April 20, 2013 open by appointment only.
- Minimum 5 days notice required and minimum group size of 4 people.
- Full operation will resume for the season on Sunday, April 21, 2013
The Joggins Fossil Centre will be open daily with the following schedule in 2013:
- April 21–May 31: 10 AM–4 PM
- June 1–August 31: 9:30 AM–5:30 PM
- September–October 31: 10 AM–4 PM
New, State-of-the-art Facility
As you drive down Main Street, you might be wondering where the Centre is before you see our wind turbine high above the landscape. Naturally screened from the road and an almost organic part of the landscape is the Joggins Fossil Centre. As you round the bend on the driveway you will be awestruck by the stunning architecture of the building and the view beyond.
The building reflects the natural beauty of the Joggins Cliffs. The inclined walls mimic the formations of the cliffs, with sandstone cladding quarried from nearby Wallace, Nova Scotia. The overall shape of the building and the use of wooden siding are reminiscent of the coal mine, which once stood on this site.