The Joggins Fossil Centre
HOURS OF OPERATION *
The Joggins Fossil Centre will be open daily with the following schedule:
- Apr 22 to May 31 -- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Jun 01 to Aug 31 -- 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Sep 01 to Oct 31 -- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Nov 01 to Apr 21, 2015 -- Open by appointment only.
- Minimum 5 days notice required and minimum group size of 4 people
- Full operation will resume on Wednesday, Apr 22, 2015
ADMISSION & EXPERIENCE INFORMATION
General admission includes full-day access to our interpretive gallery, grounds and parking.
STATE OF THE ART FACILITY
As you drive down Main Street, you might be wondering where the Centre is before you see our wind turbine high above the landscape. Naturally screened from the road, and in an almost organic part of the landscape, is the Joggins Fossil Centre. As you round the bend in the driveway, you will be awestruck by the stunning architecture of the building and the view beyond.
The building reflects the natural beauty of the Joggins Cliffs. The inclined walls mimic the formations of the cliffs, with sandstone cladding quarried from nearby Wallace, Nova Scotia. The overall shape of the building and the use of wooden siding are reminiscent of the coal mine, which once stood on this site.