Scheduled Guided Tours
The best way to view the Cliffs first hand is with one of our enthusiastic and knowledgable interpretative tour guides. Our guides can take you on a short 30 minute tour, which will give you a basic knowledge of why the cliffs exist and the types of fossils. We also offer a longer 1.5-2 hour or 4 hour tours, where you can see the cliffs in their full glory, the place where the bones of Hylonomus were discovered and gain a more in-depth knowledge of the Carboniferous Period.
Our Interpretative Guides are aware of newly uncovered fossils and can point out fossils which you might miss if exploring alone.
If you would like information on a tour on any specific date, please see the Schedule below.
(subject to amendment at any time)
- Reservations are required a minimum of 48 hours in advance for 4 hour tours and a minimum of 24 hours in advance for 2 hour tours.
- Note: A $10 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of reservations. Should you need to cancel a reservation, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Half hour tours do not require reservations.
- The Joggins Fossil Cliffs is a natural site, which is subject to occasional adverse weather and tide conditions.
- The Joggins Fossil Institute (JFI) reserves the right to amend, cancel or postpone any guided tour at any time. We highly recommend that you call our bookings line 902-251-2727 ext 231 beforehand to check that our tours are leaving at the scheduled time. The tour times in this schedule are the departure times only.
- To book a place on one of our tours, please call 902-251-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tide times are based on tidal predictions from the Canadian Department of Fisheries and Oceans. Tour and tide times are based on Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT).