Sandra Phinney is an award-winning journalist/photographer who lives on the Tusket River in Yarmouth, N.S.. Her stories have appeared in numerous print and online magazines. She also conducts memoir and travel writing workshops.
- Waking Up In My Own Backyard (Pottersfield Press, 2018)
- Maud Lewis and the “Maudified” House Project (Hawthorne Lane, 2014)
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau: the prankster who never flinched (Jackfruit Press, 2008)
- Risk Takers and Innovators (Altitude Publishing, 2004)
Research; writing books, educational materials, feature magazine articles; adult education; delivering writing workshops/mentoring.
- 2019 TMAC (Travel Media Association of Canada) Travel Writing Awards: Honourable Mention, Best Spirit of Canada
- 2018 TMAC Travel Writing Awards: Honourable Mention, Best People Photo
- 2018 TMAC Travel Writing Awards: 3rd Place, Best Food/Drink Feature
- 2016 TMAC Travel Writing Awards: 1st Place, Best Spirit of Canada Feature
- 2016 TMAC Travel Writing Awards: 1st Place, Best Cultural & Historical Feature
- 2011 International Regional Magazine Association, Award of Merit
- 2010 Atlantic Journalism Awards, Gold, magazine profile
- The Writers Union of Canada (TWUC)
- Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC)
- Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia (WFNS)
- Writers’ Federation of New Brunswick (WFNB)
- Canadian Freelance Guild (CFG)
ArtScape 2021 is generously funded by the Municipality of the County of Cumberland.