The Importance of Fossils
with Danielle Serratos, Fundy Geological Museum, Parrsboro, Nova Scotia
Consider the Joggins Fossil Cliffs for your next field trip
Discover the Coal Age ecosystem and rare fossils of plants and animals preserved where they lived 300 million years ago.
- Explore interpretive displays in the Joggins Fossil Centre before heading out to the beach and cliffs with your interpreter.
- We offer guided tours of the property, workshops and other educational programs.
We offer pre- and post-visit information related to the property’s protective designation, the geology, ecology, and paleontology of the property, and safety considerations.
Booking your class field trip
Contact the Director of Operations via email or fax to (902) 251-2502. Once the form is received, you will be contacted to confirm your booking and discuss details.
- Our beach experiences are subject to the tides
- If you require catering for lunch or snacks, we would be happy to assist
- Longer experiences or customized activities can be arranged
- Beach experiences run regardless of weather, so they will not be cancelled in the event of rain. Should severe weather be a factor, bookings may need to be rescheduled at the discretion of the Joggins Fossil Institute staff
- Our school booking schedule fills quickly — so book early!