The Joggins Fossil Institute is a not-for-profit, charitable organization. The Institute administers the beach at Joggins, provides safety and interpretive services, conducts studies, carries out research, and promotes educational programs that emphasize the importance of conserving beaches and using the beach for recreational purposes while maintaining environmental integrity.
The aim of the Joggins Fossil Institute is to hold for the benefit and education of humanity a collection and a geographic site representative of the Carboniferous Period and ensure that the site and collection is conserved and safely studied and exhibited. The Joggins Fossil Cliffs provide engaging visitor experiences that inspire wonder and build an understanding of the natural world.
The Joggins Fossil Institute values its key assets including its collection, its people, its land base, its infrastructure and its interaction with the community at large. The core values of the Joggins Fossil Institute are:
- Life-long discovery and learning through its research, collections programs
- Respect for people including, but not limited to, visitors, employees, volunteers and partners
- Effective communication, innovation and action
- Socio-economic development through a sustainable management regime that protects the site’s value in contributing to human welfare and environmental health
- 2019–2020 Annual Report (27 MB PDF)
- 2018–2019 Annual Report (29 MB PDF)
- 2017–2018 Annual Report (23.2 MB PDF)
- 2016–2017 Annual Report (29 MB PDF)
- 2015–2016 Annual Report (12.3 MB PDF)
- 2014–2015 Annual Report (4 MB PDF)
- 2013–2014 Annual Report (8.3 MB PDF)
- 2012–2013 Annual Report (2.4 MB PDF)
- 2011–2012 Annual Report (600 KB PDF)
Support the Joggins Fossil Institute
Your donation to the Joggins Fossil Institute helps us conserve and promote the Joggins Fossil Cliffs UNESCO World Heritage Site.